Thursday, March 21, 2013

 The Path Starts Here:

 
 
Just recently I was combing the job classifieds', here, there and a little bit everywhere across the net searching for a entry level accounting position, and what I found instead astounded me! Just so you know I'm a Kaplan Online University Accounting Student set to graduate this upcoming May of 2013 so my search was somewhat urgent with school's end literally around the corner. However try as I might, I could not locate even one single job classified that did not require a bachelor's degree and related years of work experience in the accounting field.
 
 Although one day I would indeed have my bachelors degree in hand that I can tote around with me to all my future up and coming job interviews, RIGHT NOW that day is a little more than 2 years off. Desperate to find something, even part time( would actually I talked myself into believing that would be ideal so I could have time to work steadfastly on my Bachelor's in accounting starting this summer) I continued searching online, visiting the Big boys( Monster Job's, The Classified Ad's and my local Craigslist). Absolutely Nada...nothing available for someone like me with a head and heart full of dreams and plans but simply no wings or way to fly!!!
 
In the past I have out of desperation, cleaned houses( which by the way is WAY TOO MUCH Work and not enough pay and who really want to clean other people's toilet's anyway???) and sold candles( well attempted to sell Candles...anyone ever been to a Party lite Party? Yep that was me at one time but my friends and family soon grew tired of me and "my PARTIES!) I've also fallen victim to signing on with my local Mary Kay lady who by the way sold me on the opportunity not just because I needed the money but because well she looked all prim and prissy at 11:00 in the morning and as a busy mom of three most days I was lucky to be find my toothbrush never mind lip-gloss, nail polish or anything else!) I was undeniably naïve and secretly jealous of 'Miss Priss who always had it together' and desperately wanted to feel pretty like her...heck I would have settled for just feeling human again!
 
 I think it goes with saying that this did not turn out so well  so well for me, and I think my husband forced me to officially quit after 'Miss Priss' who lived right around the corner, showed up on my anniversary at our front gate with a cake in hand signing her version of "Happy Birthday" by switching the wording( needless to say this was sung less than three inches from my husband's face as he struggled to get by her just to get our mail) After that there was NO justifying why I needed to sell Mary Kay! My husband declared with almost religious fervor that if I wanted to help out with the family's finances I could put in an application at the grocery Store in town.
 
Which eventually I did a few years later, although the Grocery Store never called back and which unfortunately was not the case with my local Depot. Ever a fan, I probably spent more time in the big orange box store than any other place on earth when my kids were really young, ( it was my happy place where I could relax, walk around and dream, ever forgetting that I would eventually b returning to my half finished house full of screaming , needy( but oh so loved!) kids and husband. So working there seemed like a natural fit( at first) Fate, good fortune or maybe the diablo set me up with my new garden Department Manager that very first week.
 
Slowly over the first few months we developed working relationship where he talked( always full of advice and words of wisdom) and I worked my tail end off( well not really, since last glance in the mirror told me almost three years later it is definitely STILL there!) I worker that ASM, earning awards called "Homers" for great customer service and going up and beyond. I learned how to manage my own Seasonal department, earning some of the highest res in the company) yet when it came for the yearly raises, that very same ASM looked me straight in the eye and told me "he was very proud of all my hard work and  I certainly earned my $00.30 hourly raise!" I almost choked( perhaps I did) I couldn't believe my misfortune and maybe that's when my life began leading me on a very different path.
 
This is the path I call, "The Fiscal Path to Financial Freedom" and what it means is simply this, "If you want to get somewhere else, you can't expect to get there by staying in the same exact place and doing the same exact things" !Which BTW I believe is the official definition of INSANITY...and I must concur. If I had stayed in that dead end job working my evenings and weekends away like there was no tomorrow I might truly have gone Loco. Off the deep-end completely!
 
Shortly after my parents split in spring of 2011, I realized that even the things you believe will last forever, do fall apart sometimes. Although I was more than happily married( I was soulfully satisfied) I realized that as a mom to 5( yep our crew grew:)!) I needed to at the very least find something to help protect us against life and whatever it decided to throw at us! So I hopped on the PC and found Kaplan Online University...and within the first week I was signed up!
 
 My academic advisor assured me this was a great field and if I wanted something stable that would pay well, than amounting was just the career I was after! While I initially chose my career field on the whim, I believe in the end it was divine providence, always leading and guiding me to where I needed to be! With 8 terms behind me now and lots of President List's Certificates decorating my wall I can say that on of the most miraculous things that ever happened to me was the day I discovered Ameriplan, USA on CarrerBuilders.com. I simply saw a work at home opportunity link and fill out  some basic info , never knowing that the  thing I was after was only a few short steps away!
 
 I remember that day like it was yesterday. After submitting my info I was actually surprised to find my phone ringing a day or so after! "Kathleen who???" I asked the lady with the bubbly voice on the other end of my phone. And that's when she explained all about Ameriplan, and how I could be working at home for myself instead of slaving away in someone else office for Corporate America. When she explained that the opportunity  being offered did not require brochures, home parties or stock piles, I was really keyed into what she had to say. " A real legitimate way to make money from home, and be able to take care of the kids while still GOING TO SCHOOL???" Wow that would be a God-send!
 
At the time I couldn't' imagine the great scope of the Ameriplan Independent Business Opportunity and how it would revitalize and start changing my entire life. When I signed up I had only the financial goal of making money and saving it away in mind, and now that I have met the company, listened to he CEO speak passionately about this very same opportunity that I have been given well, words cannot express how genuinely awesome this company truly is. All of the people from Janie Jones, to Kathleen Strooband( my Recruiter) have moved me to tears with their unbelievably passionate stories of how Ameriplan Cd their lives when they least expected it.
 
 To me this is far more than an opportunity to pay some more bills or set my family on a path towards financial freedom, it's about seeing how everyday choices can sometimes bring about something so unexpected, it's nothing short of a gift! Waking up knowing that I can be here right in the heart of our home each day, ALL DAY, all the while earning my degrees AND MAKING MONEY...now well it just doesn't get better than that!
 

To find out how you too can begin on your path to financial freedom, please visit my personal websites:

 

www.freedomathometeam.com/JenniferDavis

 

www.IBOplus.com/JenniferDavis

 

Please don't forget to leave your comments or contact me directly through email:

 

jdfinancialfreedomathome@yahoo.com

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome thank you